Friday, October 17, 2008

Iron Cross VI











There are finally some pictures from last weekend posted from Iron Cross. It was an awesome weekend, starting with the Velo Swap in T-town (got a new fork for the cross bike), camping/ reminiscing in Pine Grove Furnace State Park (half way mark for A.T.), then racing the longest cyclo-cross race in the country. Spending time in Pine Grove reminded me of how awesome people can be; from drinking a couple good beers with two local guys in a gravel lot, to warming up at a fire with a young couple and their 8 month old, the hospitality and friendliness I recieved was one of the most alluring features of "trail life". I hope I can find the same warmth on the West Coast on the PCT...

Iron Cross was a good time all in all. Awesome course. Good aid stations. Beautiful weather. It would've been cool to do the shorter race on Saturday. The taped off grass course (shown in pictures) was Saturday's race and the start to the long race. It was real turny and lots of fun. I did better than I expected. Towards the end of the race I was suprised when I figured out that it was possible to finish under 5 hours. If I didn't take my time on the walk-ups, I think I could've done it. Oh well, 5:05 isn't bad either. Full results here.

No comments: