Thursday, June 5, 2008

Back to the Track!

I just realized that it has been 7 years since I've raced at the velodrome, doing track cycling. I didn't think it has been that long. It used to be how I spent my summers; driving out to Trexlertown two nights a week to train and race Saturday's at noon. I've dreamt about it ever since. It was such a good time. I was never very good, but I felt so cool back then for doing a sport not many people knew about, not to mention how fun it was. I remember thru-hiking the A.T., daydreaming about getting back home, getting back on a bike, and really getting good at racing on the track. I told everyone about it. I spent many days pondering the day I'd be back to T-town racing again. This weekend it's finally coming true...and on a freshly re-surfaced track nonetheless. I hope my first day back isn't like my very first time on the track. That road rash was really nasty...