Saturday, January 19, 2013

Philthadelphia

I'm about 75% sure that come August I'll be returning to the good ole Keystone state. There's just too much human capital there to not cash in on. That being said, my Fall racing schedule online wanderings have gone towards the Right coast.

Iron Cross came to mind first. Kuhn and Zach know how to throw a deathmarch together. I've done it several times and was never disappointed. Not even when I did it on a fixed gear....my taint had other thoughts of course.

Then I stumbled upon this juicy piece of news (albeit a month late). SSCXWC 2013 coming to Philly?! Take me to Independence Hall and sign me up! Ah, so many puns for that city, so little time.

I really have no idea how these three ring circuses happen, all I know is that the past several years sandbagging pro's have shown their alcohol tolerance and taken all the glory. I'm not sure how Philly PD would take to hundreds of whiskey shots gulped down in Fairmont Park.

As CX Mag rightfully asked, the east's uptightness is certainly a concern. Especially in a state that doesn't even sell beer in grocery stores.

I wish the promoters, mostly familiar characters, the best of luck putting it together. Costume brainstorming has already commenced.

SSCXWC 2012 Rccap. Valenti's beard not part of the costume. 

No comments: